CF Caregivers Support Groups
Third Tuesday of Every Month
September 17 • October 15 • November 19
A monthly CF Caregivers Support Group, facilitated by a social worker well versed in issues facing CF caregivers.
Two sessions to choose from:
- For Parents/Caregivers of Children :: 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm (PST)
- Parents/Partners/Spouses of Adults with CF (participate in person or by phone) :: 6:00 – 7:00 pm (PST)
Sponsored by Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Gilead Sciences and Genentech.
Living Mindfully with CF
Starting Tuesday, August 6, 2019, at 6:15 pm PST
CFRI’s online ‘Living Mindfully with CF’ class – created and taught by Julie Desch, MD, who herself has CF, draws upon Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction techniques and focuses these practices specifically to living with CF.
- Open to individuals with CF and their family members (spouses/partners, parents, siblings) from across the United States and beyond
- Participants must be at least 16 years old
- Classes include a 10-15 minute movement practice, 20 minute guided meditation, small group breakout period, a 20 minute talk, as well as time for questions and answers
- The class is online, and is interactive
- Participants can meet each other, see each other, talk, and learn from each other
- Class One (August 6) – What is Mindfulness : Introduction to Body Scan.
- Class Two (August 13) – Mindfulness of Body and Breath : Introduction to gentle seated movement practice
- Class Three (August 20) – Mindfulness of Thinking : Introduction to gentle standing movement practice
- Class Four (August 27) – Mindfulness of Emotion : Introduction to walking meditation
- Class Five (September 3) – Working with Uncertainty : Introduction to Qigong practice
- Class Six (September 10) – Self-Compassion and Resilience
REGISTRATION CLOSED Class in session. Stay tuned for upcoming classes!
Move-a-Palooza – Moving Toward a Cure!
Saturday, September 14 – Saturday, September 21, 2019
WE SEEK PARTICIPANTS IN EVERY STATE! Join CFRI’s staff and Members of the Board in this inaugural event!
Here’s how it works: Pick your favorite way to move – e.g. reps in a gym, running, hula hooping, swimming – and ask friends and family to sponsor you. Choose any day between September 14th and 21st for your activity, take pictures and/or video while you do it, and post on social media: #CFRI-Moveapalooza. Those who raise a minimum of $100 will receive a t-shirt!
Questions? Email Tony Adessa at email@example.com or call 650.665-7586.
Sponsored to date by Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Corbus Pharmaceuticals, and Chiesi USA.
CFRI Gala: Moonlight Masquerade
Saturday, October 26, 2019, 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Hillsborough Racquet Club (252 El Cerrito Avenue, Hillsborough, CA)
CFRI’s MOONLIGHT MASQUERADE – A MAGICAL GALA TO SUPPORT CF RESEARCH, EDUCATION, SUPPORT AND ADVOCACY PROGRAMS. CFRI’s annual gala, held at the elegant Hillsborough Racquet Club, celebrates CFRI’s four decades of CF research progress. Enjoy fine wines, gourmet delicacies, fabulous entertainment, and delectable desserts. Honor our 2019 CF Champion, Tiffany Raffino, LCSW, of UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital. Bid in our exciting auction and end the night on the dance floor.
All proceeds support CFRI’s research, education, support and advocacy programs to improve the lives of those affected by CF.
For sponsorship opportunities, contact Tony Adessa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For information or to register for these events, please email email@example.com or call 650.665.7576.