CFRI’s 33rd National CF Education Conference: Partners in Progress ~ An Exciting Virtual Experience
August 1 – August 2, 2020 (Sat – Sun)
Our 2020 annual conference will be presented in an exciting and engaging virtual format, offering outstanding speakers, support groups, and activities, as well as the opportunity to connect with your CF community from across the country and globe.
Registration is free!
The first 100 registrants will receive a complimentary hardcover copy of “Salt in My Soul” by Mallory Smith!
Confirmed speakers and topics include:
- James Chmiel, MD – Anti-Inflammatory Therapies
- Doug Conrad, MD – CF and Phage Therapy
- Julie Desch, MD – Learning, Laughing and Loving with CF
- Marie Egan, MD – CF Pipeline
- Denis Hadjiliadis, MD – Cancer and CF
- Nicole Irizarry, DPT – Exercise and CF
- Rick Moss, MD – COVID-19 Update
- Virginia O’Hayer, PhD – Acceptance and Committment Therapy (ACT)
- Caroline Okorie, MD – Sleep and CF
- Diane Shader Smith – Salt in My Soul
- Yelizaveta Sher, MD – Psychiatry’s Role in CF Treatment
- Sriram Vaidyanathan, PhD – CF and CRISPR
- CF and the Siblings: Panel Discussion
In addition, 7 CFRI-funded researchers will present their work:
- Ana Georgina Cobián Güemes, PhD
- Martina Gentzsch, PhD
- Lucas Hoffman, MD, PhD
- Elizabeth Kramer, MD, PhD
- Keehoon Lee, PhD
- Kenichi Okuda, MD, PhD
- Forest Rohwer, PhD
For more information: call 855.cfri.now
Sponsored to date by Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Genentech, Gilead Sciences, Chiesi USA, AbbVie, and Ionis Pharmaceuticals.
2019 CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS AVAILABLE TO VIEW ON CFRI’S YOUTUBE AND PODBEAN CHANNELS. Our stellar line up of experts provide a wealth of information on a range of CF-related topics. The list of speakers is below. To watch/download on our Podbean channel, click here. To watch on our YouTube channel, click here. (Please note: Depending on your WiFi connection, videos will be easier to watch on YouTube.)
– The JEM Show – Jerry & Em: Living… Breathing… Succeeding in Life with CF – Emily Schaller and Jerry Cahill
– The Transformation of Cystic Fibrosis Therapy – Steven Rowe, MD, MSPH
– Let’s Talk About Sex: Improving Sexual and Reproductive Health Care in Cystic Fibrosis – Traci Kazmerski, MD, MS
– Motivating Behavior Change in Individuals with CF – Nadia Islam, PhD
– CF Respiratory Infections: non-tuberculous mycobacteria, Small Colony Variant S. aureus, and Some Unexpected Consequences of Antibiotic Use – David Nichols, MD
– Innovations in CFRD Diagnosis and Treatment – Marina Basina, MD
– Ins and Outs of Gastrointestinal Issues in CF – Mary Abigail Garcia, MD
– Breathing Happiness – Travis Flores
– Ask the Experts – Isabel Stenzel Byrnes, Dr. Nadia Islam, Dr. Dave Nichols, Dr. Steven Rowe, Emily Schaller.